Sen. Bernie Sanders said he is recovering well from the heart attack he suffered earlier this month, and is looking forward to getting back to campaigning ahead of the 2020 Election.Sanders said on ABC's "This Week" that he is confident in the care he received and was back on his feet shortly after surgery for a blocked artery.Sanders told host Jonathan Karl that he intends to release his medical records "as soon as we can," with "all of the information that's available," and added that he believes that same standard should "should be applicable to all candidates."Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.Sen. Bernie Sanders said on Sunday that he is recovering well from the heart attack he suffered earlier this month and is looking forward to getting back to campaigning ahead of the 2020 Election.Sanders said on ABC's "This Week" that though the incident was alarming, he is confident in the care he received and was back on his feet shortly after a short hospital stay and surgery for a blocked artery."'Heart attack' is a scary word," the 78-year-old told host Jonathan Karl. "What I had is a 45 to 50 minute procedure, two stents were placed in my heart, which had a blocked artery. This is a procedure, as I understand it, done many, many hundreds of thousands of times a year. It's a fairly common procedure, and people are back on their feet pretty soon, as is the case with me."Sanders said he was currently "feeling very well," and was looking forward to the October 15 Democratic debate and "getting back to a very vigorous campaign."When pressed by Karl if his doctors approved of him diving back into campaign activity, Sanders cautioned it would be a short period of time before he could return to the same pace of appearances and activities he had done in recent months."There's nobody who runs as vigorous a campaign as I did, we're talking three or four rallies a day and town hall meetings and so forth," Sanders said. "I think after a short period of time we will be able to return to that, not the first day back."Sanders also told Karl that he intends to release his medical records "as soon as we can," which would include his updated medical details after his heart attack.He promised the campaign would release "all of the information that's available," and added that he believes that same standard should "should be applicable to all candidates.""I think when you're running for president of the United States," he said, "the American people have a right to know the condition of your health."Sanders previously told reporters after he was released from the hospital that he would continue "actively campaigning" this fall, but would scale back on the number of daily rallies."I think we're gonna change the nature of the campaign a bit, make sure that I have the strength to do what I have to do," Sanders said outside his Burlington home.NEW: "I'm feeling very well. I look forward to the debate. I look forward to getting back to a very vigorous campaign," Sen. Bernie Sanders tells @jonkarl, adding that the campaign will release all of his medical records "as soon as we can" https://t.co/MAEIw7EoHO pic.twitter.com/nl0YIfMbrp' This Week (@ThisWeekABC) October 13, 2019SEE ALSO:Hunter Biden is stepping down from the board of a Chinese private equity firm as Trump alleges corruptionJoin the conversation about this storyNOW WATCH: A year after Armenia's 250,000-person revolution, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan explains what comes next for the country Click here to read full news..